Hi Students, Parents, and Guardians!
This 2018-2019 school year we have many opportunities for students to earn credits! Once banquet and prom are paid for, these credits determine the percentage of funds raised that will be put into their individual accounts their senior year. The junior class fundraisers and activities are as follows:
- 8/31/18 (1 credit per night) Peyton Bastian, Lydia Groezinger, Sara Miller
- 9/7/18 (1 credit per night) Peyton Bastian, Lydia Groezinger, Sara Miller
- 9/21/18 (1 credit per night) Madeline Klippert, Julianna Kuzniar, Andrew Merkle, Raiden Taifa
- 9/28/18 (2 credits per night…Homecoming) Andy Wurster, Riley Wolter, Kristy Wolter
PTO Craft Fair, Sunday, October 7, 2018, Pop/Water Stand in concessions (1 credit per hour) Mrs. Smith emailed the juniors and seniors a google form to sign up.
- 8:30-10:30 ____________, ____________, ___________, ____________
- 10:30-12:30 ____________, ____________, ___________, ____________
- 12:30-2:30 ____________, ____________, ___________, ____________
- 2:30-4:30 ____________, ____________, ___________, ____________
Our individual account fundraiser for 2018-2019 will be:
Easy as Pie…TBD…thinking springtime
Junior Class Soup and Sandwich Supper, Friday, December 7, 2018, 4pm-6pm and Basketball 50/50 (1 credit per hour for supper, 2 credits for the night for 50/50):
- Chicken Noodle or Potato Soup
- Turkey or Ham Sandwich
Tickets are $6 when purchased ahead of time, otherwise $7 at the door.
The 2018-2019 Class Dues ($25/quarter) are due to Mrs. M on the following dates (This money goes into a “savings” and can be refunded if the student decides not to go on the class trip.):
- 1st Quarter Dues…..10/26/18
- 2nd Quarter Dues….1/11/19
- 3rd Quarter Dues…..3/12/19
- 4th Quarter Dues…..5/5/19
Banquet, Prom, and After Prom
Banquet will be held at the River Ridge Commons on April 5, 2019, at 7pm. It is only for juniors and seniors (no dates). It is a prom themed banquet with the meal paid for with junior class funds. It honors the seniors and is served by sophomores. We enjoy a night of delicious food, Remember Whens, What Ifs, and the Senior Class Slideshow. At the end of banquet, we announce the court of 3 senior girls and 3 senior boys. This leads into prom the next night, which is held at Chestnut Mountain Resort on April 6, 2019.
Grand March begins at 7:30pm. At the end of Grand March, we announce for the court to step forward and then the previous year’s king and queen will crown the current year’s king and queen. Prom begins directly after Grand March and lasts until 11:30pm. Prom is for juniors and seniors and their dates. A DJ provides the music and small refreshments are served by the chaperones. For this event, students help decorate and set up for banquet and prom; however, this is not for any credit. The motivation is to have the prom look the way they want for a reasonable price. Students need 8 credits to attend banquet and prom for free. Otherwise, it is a cost of $10/missing credit to attend. This is payable River Ridge and given to Mrs. M. Students will be notified beforehand of any missing credits.
At 12am, students and their dates must check in to After Prom. This event is meant to keep the students in a safe and fun environment after leaving prom. Parents keep students entertained and participating in fun games where money and prizes can be won. Lots of food is available at no cost to the student. After prom ends at 5:30am the next morning. Please see Mrs. Smith if you are interested in helping with this parent organization.
- Students may bring a non junior or senior date who is 20 or under at the time of prom for a small fee of $5 along with an administrator approved permission slip.
- Students may choose to attend just Banquet, just Prom, just After Prom, all three, or a combination of the three.
- Students DO NOT have to have a date. In my experience, it is best for students to go in groups so there is no pressure and all can enjoy their time together making memories.
- Students must dress formally as it is a formal event. Gentlemen need to have a tux or suit with a jacket to attend. Some students choose to order corsages and boutonnieres. This is not a requirement. Etiquette says you buy for the opposite date.
- Banquet, prom, and after prom information will be on invites that are given out to all juniors and seniors at the same time.
- All students participate in the Grand March as this is how we take attendance for the event.
- We ask that parents, if they choose to take a few pictures during Grand March, leave promptly after, so students can then enjoy their prom.
If you have any questions about the dues, the individual accounts, or the class account, I would be happy to discuss them with you. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my school number is 815-858-9005, ext. 278.